|Wind Ensemble Seat Audition Results 2014-2015|
Click here to see the results of the Wind Ensemble seat auditions for the 2014-2015 school year.
|Second Semester Exam Schedule: May 27-June 2|
Exams are administered in regularly scheduled classrooms and follow an “A” day schedule.
Other important information for students:
- SJC buses will depart at 12:15 pm Tuesday through Friday during exam week. Pick up times remain the same.
- Breakfast will be served in the Commons from 7:00-8:00 am, Tuesday through Friday.
- The Library and Commons are available for quiet study until 2:00 pm.
- School uniforms must be worn during exam week. Students out of uniform will not be allowed to test.
- If you do not have an exam during a period, you do not need to come to school.
- No students will be allowed in the hallways or at their locker during exam periods.
- Students with certain accommodations (reader, scribe or 100% extra time) will take their exams out of their regular classroom.
- Seniors with an A average FOR THE YEAR are exempt from that course's exam. Your teacher notify you if you are exempt.
|Order Your SJC Class of 2014 Graduation Video|
Video Express Productions is producing this year's yearbook/graduation video, which will include:
DVDs will be mailed directly to each student by July 4, 2014. To order your video, fill out the order form and fax or mail it to Video Express Productions. The cost is $45.
- More than 500 photos with music from activities throughout the year.
- Interviews/comments with the Class of 2014.
- A highlight music video of the graduation day and year.
- Full coverage of the graduating class on June 6.
- Three-camera coverage to get close-ups of each student.
Fax your payment to 301-598-6211 or mail it to the address below. If you have questions, call Julie at 301-598-6096.
Video Express Productions
2B Normandy Square Court
Silver Spring, MD 20906
|Driver Education Class: June 9-20|
I Drive Smart will be hosting a driver education class at St. John's from June 9-20 (Monday-Fridays, 10:00 am - 1:15 pm each day). All instruction is delivered by law enforcement professionals, and they guarantee personalized one-on-one, behind-the-wheel training.
To register, click here.
|Inclement Weather Policy|
St. John’s College High School follows the inclement weather/emergency policies of Montgomery County. When Montgomery County closes school, we are closed. When the county delays opening either one or two hours, classes will start at St. John’s at 10:05 am regardless. If Montgomery County closes their schools early, St. John’s will make an independent decision as when it is safe to release students. If the county is closed during weather/emergency, St. John’s will announce their own plans. Look for St. John’s College High School, Washington, DC and follow those directions. Parents should follow WTOP radio (103.5 FM) for up-to-the-minute details, which may also be found on the St. John's website. Buses will operate during this time on an amended schedule. Please see the late start bus schedule
|Shop on Amazon and Earn Money for St. John's!|
You can help the Mothers' Club support the continued excellence of St. John's! Simply visit Amazon.com using the banner link located on the Mothers' Club website, and St. John's will receive a percentage from every sale. No need to enter any codes at checkout - just make sure to visit Amazon using the Mothers' Club banner link. All items placed in your cart must be purchased within 24 hours to qualify.
This April, the St. John’s Eco Club completed one of their yearlong initiatives by installing a brand new beehive on the school’s roof.
|St. John's Annual Federal Inspection|
On May 14, St. John’s held its annual JROTC Awards Ceremony and Pass In Review. This year’s reviewing officer was Commander Larry Bateman, U.S. Navy (Ret.), father of Becca Bateman ’14.
|St. John’s Welcomes New Soccer Coach|
Former professional soccer player and University of Maryland coach Jason Herrick has joined the SJC athletics program as the new head coach for boys’ soccer.
|Baseball Wins WCAC Championship|
On May 10, the varsity baseball team clinched the league championship with two back-to-back no-hitters against Bishop O’Connell.
|Lasallian Reflections: May 2014|
St. John’s is pleased to introduce a new series of articles through which faculty, staff and students will share their Lasallian experiences. This month focuses on one of St. John Baptist de La Salle’s 12 virtues of a good teacher: vigilance.
On April 24, St. John’s welcomed author, West Point graduate and anti-violence advocate Paul K. Chappell to campus to speak about the idea of waging peace.
|2014-2015 Cadet Promotions|
On April 16, the St. John's community learned the names and ranks of next year's JROTC leaders, including next year's Cadet Colonel: Matthew Chapman '15.
Read more SJC news stories
School is out for summer. Have a safe summer. See everyone August 27!
St. John's Admissions Video