St. John’s Computer Science Department is a comprehensive program that does not require any prior experience. The curriculum develops students’ programming and algorithmic thinking computer skills, with the goal of enabling them to become successful problem-solvers, decision-makers, and a productive team member.
- Progress in the computer science field happens at a rapid pace, and St. John’s is committed to offering a challenging, multi-faceted computer science program that provides students the opportunity to use the latest technology to accomplish real-world scenarios. Our curricula are constantly evaluated and adjusted to integrate the advances in the field of computer science.
- We offer courses which allow students the opportunity to explore a variety of programming languages and to be exposed to various mediums for digital expression. Classes are designed to ensure that students have a solid foundation to be successful in college if they choose to pursue coursework in computer science or some other STEM field.
- St. John’s has two computer labs with desktops to allow students to work on their coursework during the school day. Most courses offer access to coursework via a cloud computing environment allowing students to work from anywhere on any type of device.
- Concepts in Technology
- Application Development for Mobile Devices
- 3D Modeling for Animation and Video Game Development
- Web Design
- Introduction to Programming
- AP Computer Science A