A Dedicated Community of Educators
St. John’s College High School seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the human and Christian education of young people. The goals set forth at St. John’s are consistent with the goals of all Lasallian schools:
St. John’s offers its students an innovative and rigorous academic program. A robust curriculum and wide variety of co-curricular offerings provide students with an education that is second to none. In addition, the community of faculty and staff is committed to assisting one another in professional growth and support, creating a unique connectedness and common understanding that brings the group together.
St. John’s College High School is an independent Catholic college preparatory school whose mission is to provide a human and Christian education to young men and women from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
St. John’s is a community of faith and zeal with dedicated Lasallian educators committed to the spiritual, academic, cultural, physical, and moral development of the students. Rooted in Christian values, the Lasallian experience at St. John’s prepares young men and women for lives dedicated to leadership, achievement, and service to the community.
The athletics program at St. John’s teaches students the importance of teamwork, leadership, and personal development through great coaching. St. John’s believes that faith and athletics are critical elements to both the academic and overall student experience.
Reporting to the director of athletics, the head boys’ basketball coach will coordinate and manage St. John’s boys’ basketball program.
- Lead a program that consistently attracts and retains student athletes.
- Organize and manage schedules for games, scrimmages, practices, and conditioning workouts for the V,JV, and freshman levels.
- Organize and lead practices and set training plans for all players.
- Provide direct coaching and feedback to varsity athletes.
- Coordinate game and tournament planning, ensuring registration by established deadlines.
- Foster a healthy team environment that inspires teamwork, respect, commitment, and a love of basketball.
- Work with the Advancement Office, alumni, parents, and administration on fundraising initiatives.
- Cultivate and foster boys’ basketball alumni relationships.
- Develop and communicate clear and specific goals for the team and individual players.
- Maintain open and honest communication with players, parents, alumni, other coaches, and administration.
- Follow high school basketball best practice guidelines.
- Support student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Be a positive role model in personal management, appearance, ethics, and behavior.
- Develop and maintain relationships with collegiate coaches to assist players with college placement.
- Manage all basketball equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Supervise and develop assistant coaching staff.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure proper injury and post-injury care.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of WCAC rules and regulations.