Our community is filled with passionate students who strive to excel in and outside the classroom. Our teachers encourage students to grow as individuals and to think critically and analytically about the world in which we live. Opportunities are limitless. Our students work hard, but they also participate in theatre, art, band, Cadet Corps and athletics - often all at the same time!
All 8th graders are invited to spend a school day at St. John’s. Not only will you participate in classes and take part in our 1:1 educational technology program with the use of an iPad, you will also meet students, faculty and coaches and be treated to lunch in our cafeteria. It is a highlight of the admissions process for both our prospective applicants and our 9th-grade student ambassadors. The experience ensures our visitors leave with a full understanding of what sets St. John’s apart from other schools.
Why Do Students Choose St. John’s?
- Excellence -St. John’s offers up to 24 AP and 19 honors courses each year, as well as the nationally accredited De La Salle Scholars Program.
- Innovation - St. John’s dynamic 1:1 school-wide educational technology program, featuring iPads, allows students to learn, produce and collaborate in a manner that is now commonplace at colleges.
- Achievement - St. John’s students have a 100% college acceptance rate. The Class of 2023 earned more than $35,000,000 in athletic and academic scholarships.
- Opportunities - St. John’s offers 29 varsity athletic teams, a nationally recognized Cadets Corps Leadership Program, and more than 70 student clubs and organizations.
- Location - St. John’s offers free shuttle service from the nearby Friendship Heights and Silver Spring Metro stations, as well as bus transportation to and from Northern Virginia, Potomac, Germantown, Olney, Laurel, Bowie, and Eastern Market/Capitol Hill.
Meet the Admissions Team
The high school admissions process is exciting and fun, but it can also be challenging. Please know that we are here to help you.
We look forward to seeing you on campus. Go Cadets!