More than 500 members of the St. John’s College High School Community attended the 2022 President’s Medal Celebration on Friday, Nov. 4. The event, which included a cocktail reception, dinner, and presentation, took place at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C. President Jeff Mancabelli presented the awards—SJC's highest honor bestowed upon those who have made the greatest contributions to St. John’s and the larger community—to the following recipients:
• Catholic school educator Doreen Engel
• Award-winning playwright Branden Jacobs-Jenkins ’02
• Community leaders Chris and James Kernan ’70
• Business leader James O’Connell ’73
• Rear Admiral David Rogers ’54, U.S. Navy (Ret.).
St. John’s thanks the school’s Cadet Corps, Vocal Resonance, and Regimental Band, and all those benefactors who contributed to the success of this bi-annual celebration.